J M Advisory Services, LLC - Resume Writing and Career Counseling
RSS

Delivered by FeedBurner

Recent Posts

Do You Deserve A Promotion?
Graduating in May? Need a Good Job?
How To Apply For a Fed Govt Job
IRS - Furloughs AND Hiring...
Do You Have FREE time?

Categories

Applying for a Federal Position
Onboarding
Why Work for USA?
powered by

My Blog

Benefits of Working for Uncle Sam

• Job Security -  In this uncertain economy, job security is a valuable commodity.  You have a much higher risk of being termined within the private sector.

• Good Salary - Federal employees receive competitive salaries

• Health Insurance - Several health insurance plans to choose from - and Uncle Sam pays about 70% of the premium.  Take this into retirement with you too!

• Generous Pensions -  federal employees have access to retirement through the Federal Employee Retirement System (FERS).  Retired employees receive an annuity, complemented by Social Security benefits and participation in the Thrift Savings Plan (TSP), which offers 401(k)-type investment options.

• Life Insurance - no physical - no question - you're covered.

• Long-Term Care - yep - it's available, and at a reasonable cost.

• Flexible Spending Account - choose an amount (up to a maximum) for health costs (not covered by insurance) or childcare costs - and those costs are reduced from your tax base, thus reducing the amount of taxes you pay.

• Vacation and Holidays -  During the first 3 years of service, federal employees receive 13 days of vacation per year.  After 3 years and until 15 years, they receive 19 days per year.  Once they have 15 years of federal service, they begin receiving 26 days of vacation per year.  This, in addition to the federal holidays adds to the time off.   Additionally, federal employees accrue 13 days of sick leave per year - which can be used for their own illness/medical appointments or the illness/medical appointments of their family members.

10 Comments to Benefits of Working for Uncle Sam:

Comments RSS
Marty on Sunday, October 07, 2012 12:16 AM
For reducing our risk we apply to insurance. I am very excited to know the benefits of working for Uncle Sam. I wish I will work there. Keep it up.
Reply to comment

industrial recruitment sydney on Friday, April 05, 2013 2:22 AM
I enjoyed reading you post. I am sharing it with my other friends as the information is really very useful. Keep sharing your excellent work.

industrial recruitment sydney on Friday, April 05, 2013 2:23 AM
This blog is very nice and the information is also very interesting to read. Thanks for this valuable information you have shared with us.

Adriel Raul on Sunday, October 21, 2012 3:14 AM
Reading this content through this post, I can say that there is a lot of benefits of working for Uncle Sam. Good news to me and getting it I am so benefited. Thanks...
Reply to comment

Garett Blaine on Wednesday, October 24, 2012 6:46 AM
I'm delighted to know about the Benefits of Working for Uncle Sam from this post. I was looking forward for such kind of info and I got it from your post. Thanks for this nice info and keep it up!!
Reply to comment

hellobags4u.com on Tuesday, October 30, 2012 11:01 PM
professional offer all kinds of best discount Designer handbags and bags.
Reply to comment

cover letter example on Thursday, November 22, 2012 2:20 AM
Reply to comment

cover letter example on Thursday, November 22, 2012 2:23 AM
This, in addition to the federal holidays adds to the time off. Additionally, federal employees accrue 13 days of sick leave per year.
Reply to comment

cover letter example on Thursday, November 22, 2012 2:24 AM
Once they have 15 years of federal service, they begin receiving 26 days of vacation per year. This, in addition to the federal holidays adds to the time off.
Reply to comment

Fast House Sale London on Wednesday, March 06, 2013 2:51 AM
Your blog has always attracted me and this particular post security, holiday and vacations about the left me speechless. It is one of the best pieces of writing I have seen. Good job.
Reply to comment